Peter Moskos, who teaches at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, emulates the incisiveness and wit of Jonathan Swift in proposing that the American penal system might be radically reformed if convicts were given the choice of a Singapore-style caning instead of serving time in prison.
His assessment is intended to be provocative, perhaps politically untenable, but like all important ideas, the basis for real debate. Elisha, assistant professor of anthropology at Queens College, City University of New York, offers a compelling ethnography of evangelical Protestants, their hopes, frustrations, and activist strategies.
- Focus on Value: A Corporate and Investor Guide to Wealth Creation (Frank J. Fabozzi Series);
- Finland, Greece, Ireland and Portugal;
- There & Back and Off Again.
- Sampling Algorithms (Springer Series in Statistics)?
- Encyclopedia of World Sport: From Ancient Times to the Present;
- Nachtblauer Tod (German Edition).
- Introduction. Imagining Bangladesh: Contested Narratives;
His sympathetic account addresses less the hot-button political issues and delves into the ways in which personal virtue and public responsibility are expressed in contemporary evangelicalism. Their book is a bracing account of new dimensions of poverty and its consequences.
- Forget-Me-Not Bride (Bello).
- Muslims in Motion: Islam and National Identity in the Bangladeshi Diaspora?
- Les naufrages du Jonathan En Magellanie 1 (illustré) (French Edition);
- Society’s Books of Note | SpringerLink?
- e-book Muslims in Motion: Islam and National Identity in the Bangladeshi Diaspora.
Skip to main content. Advertisement Hide.
Download PDF. Society September , Cite as.
Bangladeshi & Pakistani Americans : Asian-Nation :: Asian American History, Demographics, & Issues
New York: Oxford University Press, Peter Moskos, In Defense of Flogging. New York: Basic Books, Shipped from UK.
- Automatic Digital Document Processing and Management: Problems, Algorithms and Techniques (Advances in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition).
- Muslims in Motion: Islam and National Identity in the Bangladeshi Diaspora.
- Islam - South Asian Religions - LibGuides at Digital Theological Library.
- Polly and Her Neighbor (Punishing Polly Book 1).
Established seller since Seller Inventory CE More information about this seller Contact this seller. Language: English.
UMass Boston News
Brand new Book. Seller Inventory LHB Seller Inventory AAN Book Description Rutgers University Press. New copy - Usually dispatched within 2 working days. Seller Inventory B Book Description Rutgers Univ Press. Seller Inventory Seller Inventory I Nazli Kibria.
ISBN 13: 9780813550558
Publisher: Rutgers University Press , This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. View all copies of this ISBN edition:. Having conducted more than in-depth interviews, she explores how, in societi Full description Review : "Kibria's groundbreaking study provides valuable insight into the process of transnational and diasporic identity formation among contemporary populations.
Buy New Learn more about this copy.
South Asian Religions: Islam
About AbeBooks. Other Popular Editions of the Same Title. Search for all books with this author and title. Customers who bought this item also bought.
derivid.route1.com/el-mundo-en-2500-2000-ac.php Stock Image.